CADAA - California Dream Act Application

  • The California Dream Act allows undocumented students, DACA recipients (valid or expired), U Visa holders and students under Temporary Protected Status (TPS), who qualify for a non-resident exemption under Assembly Bill 540 (AB 540), Senate Bill 2000 (SB 2000) and Senate Bill 68 (SB 68), to receive certain types of financial aid such as: private scholarships funded through public universities, state administered financial aid, university grants, community college fee waivers, and Cal Grants. In addition, the California Dream Act, allows eligible students to pay in-state tuition at any public college in California.

    Start Your Application Now
    CADAA Frequently Asked Questions

Who Is Eligible to Complete the CADAA?

  • Students who live in California and meet the eligibility requirements for a non-resident exemption, as well as students who have a U Visa or TPS status, can use the California Dream Act application (CADAA). Similarly, students without Social Security Numbers or students who have lost DACA status (or never applied for DACA), may still be eligible. The full language of the law and eligibility requirements is stated in CA Education Code 68130.5.

    Apply Now
    Visit to Learn More

Frequently Asked Questions

  • How do I apply for financial aid under the California Dream Act?

  • What's needed to complete the CA Dream Act Application?

  • What is the difference between the FAFSA and the California Dream Act application?

  • Can I fill out the CADAA if I don’t have a Social Security Number?