VCUSD Public Notices
September 1, 2022
Notice of Vacancy and Intent to Appoint Board of Education Member
The Board of Education of the Vallejo City Unified School District is seeking applicants to fill the trustee area 1 vacancy due to the “failure to elect” a candidate after no person filed for candidacy for this area by the August 12, 2022, filing deadline of the Solano County Registrar of Voters.
Applicants must have the following qualifications:
- They must be 18 years of age or older;
- They must reside within the Trustee Area 1 of the Vallejo City Unified School District;
- They must be a registered voter.
Interested persons are invited to submit an application by October 7, 2022, addressed to:
Rhonda Reason-Thomas, Executive Assistant to Superintendent William Spalding
Vallejo City Unified School District
665 Walnut Avenue
Vallejo, CA 94592
*No emailed applications. Please hand deliver or U.S. Mail to arrive at VCUSD by the deadline date.
The application can also be found online on our website, https://www.vcusd.org/board.
If you’re unsure you live within the boundaries of Trustee Area 1 of the Vallejo City Unified School District, please call the Solano County Registrar of Voters at 707 784-6675, between the hours of 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Applicants who submit completed applications will be contacted by Rhonda Reason-Thomas and will undergo a public interview process at a scheduled board meeting.
The Board is interested in candidates who:
- Are supportive of the District’s mission, vision and goals;
- Are committed to excellence in providing educational opportunities for students;
- Will make decisions based on careful analysis of all data without regard to influence by special interest groups;
- Will work in a mutually supportive way with other Board members, the Superintendent and staff;
- Are willing to commit adequate time to Board meetings, Board development opportunities and related activities;
- Have a commitment to the school community as well as the general community representing all constituents of the District;
- Have demonstrated an interest in support for public education;
- Are committed and endorse the primary responsibility of a member in regards to policy making.
August 31, 2022
Notice of Public Hearing-Sufficiency of Textbooks and Other Instructional Materials
The Vallejo City Unified School District intends to hold a public hearing for input from the community regarding the sufficiency of textbooks and other instructional materials. Notice is hereby given to all interested parties and to the public in general. Further details may be obtained at the Assistant Superintendent of Teaching and Learning, 665 Walnut Ave, Vallejo, CA 94592.
Notice is also given that the Board of Education of the Vallejo City Unified School District will receive public input on this matter at its regular meeting on October 5, 2022, beginning at 5:00 p.m. during the regular Governing Board Meeting. Public comments may be forwarded to the Assistant Superintendent of Teaching and Learning on or before the meeting date of October 5, 2022, to be read during the meeting.